CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

3.17.2010

We Didn't Start the Fire

Photobucket


Almost kind of like a twisted form of deja vu, I have been involved in yet another accident. In case you don't remember, last year shortly after breaking up with Alex, I was involved in a small accident that kinda made me crack a bit. Well, once again, I was involved in a bit of a situation that all started with a Hot Pocket.
This also comes with something I've neglected to mention. I recently started an internship in town at the radio station, working on stories and even appearing on the airwaves. Today in particular, I was recording the news segment for tomorrow. When I came out of the studio, I was greeted by a huge cloud of black, icky smoke. My boss and I (instead of hitting the floor and crawling out like they teach you in elementary school) ran out like idiots, coughing through the smoke. I just ran for my purse. It was only after running out like idiots that we discovered that the microwave got stuck on 2 minutes and set the hot pocket on fire.
My boss then came out with a charred hot pocket that was black... really black. I wish I had taken a picture of it, because it was just such an odd sight.
I'm okay, I just got a bit of smoke inhalation and my eyes were really irritated for a while but everyone's okay. For some reason though, I found the whole thing funny. lol
After we turned off the smoke alarm and cleared the smoke out with a fan, and opened every window in the office, my boss and I just realized we almost had a fire and died because of something incredibly trivial like a Hot Pocket. lol
That isn't exactly what I imagined for my death and in a huge sense of irony, the DJ on shift played "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel on the airwaves. When I got home and turned on Pandora, my station played the live version of that song. I couldn't stop laughing!
Last year, I was involed in an accident and couldn't stop crying. This year, I get into an accident and can't stop laughing. Is this a sign of my psyche or something? lol

One last laugh, though. Once I got on Facebook, I saw my boss updated her status. Our station has a twitter page and the slogan is "our news tweets louder." Here are the posts she put up on Facebook (and yes, I blotted out names and faces) (Editor's Note: Yes, I'm loving that my boss thinks I rock! lol)

Photobucket

At any cost, it was an interesting day and I really discovered that yes, it is possible to almost die as the result of a hot pocket and laugh about it later... and do this all while single. I don't see why people complain about work so much because I'm loving it!




0 comments: