CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

3.16.2010

I wonder if the things that remind me of you remind you of me

Photobucket

Happy Spring break everyone!

Well, as you know by now, I celebrated my 18th birthday this past friday (and thanks to those who sent me texts, Facebook wall posts and myspace comments. (:

This birthday was surreal. I celebrated among friends old and new and opted to go bowling instead of to dinner. I was surrounded by so many people that may not have all been together had they not known me but I was thrilled just be with friends. Still, true to the nature of my life, nothing is ever perfect, but I prefer this goof over anything worse any other day.
They mispelled "birthday on my cake and I didn't even realize it until the day after my party when I was uploading all of the pics.

Photobucket
Fun stuff! lol. And what makes it worse is that my the cake decorator actually asked my mom to write on a piece of paper what she wanted to be put on the cake and then the decorator asked their supervisor to write it on the cake. At any cost, this just makes everything that much more enjoyable.

Still, even then, with yet another year of life comes the ever present thoughts of my past. I realized that Alex didn't call or even text me about my birthday. It's not like I was expecting anything but it only shows how hard some things are to let go. Alex's dad was nice enough to send me not one but two birthday messages over Facebook. One was the day before (in case he missed it) and the other was on the actual day of my birthday. It was really nice of him to do that and I honestly appreciate the efforts he made that his son chose not to. Facebook was kind enough to bring him Alex up when I saw one of my friends became a fan of the page titled " I wonder if the things that remind me of you remind you of me." This blog wouldn't really be about my life after him anymore if little things like this didn't pop up and make me think about my life as it is now compared to what it was then.
It's moments where I see the parallels of this girl who was me

Photobucket
and this person of now
Photobucket

Photobucket

Last year, all I had was him. This year and now, I have so much more.
I wonder if he ever thinks about how life can become so different in a year or if he just stays stagnant in his own ways. I wonder if the things that remind me of you remind you of me.

0 comments: