CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.20.2010

Your legacy will follow

Photobucket
Ah, competition is coming up this Saturday. It's only a couple of days away and while I'm nervous, I'm also very excited about it.
But, i've got other things on my plate.
Last night I began the search for a prom dress. I've got prom May 8 and May 22, attending both my bash and my best friend's bash. (For the record, I'm referring to my best friend of fifteen years... a guy. haha)
After years of lining up my Barbie dolls and buying prom magazines, it all narrows down to my Senior year.
While I adore my best friend to death, it would be nice if I weren't planning the minute details of his prom, considering its HIS bash and I'm the date. lol
It's okay though. Really, we both knew we would wind up as each other's date, mostly because his mom adores me to death and trusts no one else and because more than likely, I'm not going to get asked. Don't think I'm being a cynic. I'm being realistic. To be fair to guys, I'll admit that my interests and my personality are different and rather abstract compared to the other girls around the watering hole. (Yes, I used the term "watering hole". my town is small; live with it.)

Anyways, I've also got a new job at school. I am now my high school band's student aid. (It was either do that third period or take cooking class) As if I don't see the band directors enough! haha.
Maybe now, I can look towards getting a serious job, possibly blogging professionally or doing something that out of some miracle works well with my schedule.
Hell, who am I kidding? Here I am talking about prom and getting a job and thinking about the next few months that I can't even focus at the task at hand. In the words my director (damn, I have been hanging around the band hall too much) "handle one performance at a time. Sing your best at each one and your legacy will follow."

0 comments: