CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.24.2010

Dance Floor Anthem



Photobucket


Well, we lost at the state competition but I'm trying not to dwell on that considering that I was the one who took it the hardest, mostly out of being a perfectionist and hating the result of it.


Anyways, I am in the bit of a rut, involving something I've been trying to avoid.

I'll admit it, since the split, I've been completely and purposefully neglecting to get involved in the dating scene. Thus, everyone's been trying to set my up, serving as matchmaker. To top it off, wether I like it or not, I now have to face the issue of a relationship. My friend Nate asked me out yesterday after I got home from the competition. For weeks, he's trying to win me over and prove that I'll be happy. He's been taking me out, texting me, and trying to get me to go out on a legit date. [Thankfully] I'm booked on performances, academic meets and band functions until early March (giving me plans even on Valentine's weekend.) However, everyone I know is at an off-balance about the situation. My best friend ( the constantly afformentioned guy of my life) is against it. (&& he's not into girls if you think that's what his motive is) I'm against me dating and so are my two other close friends. Everyone else though has been stubborn about the situation. Everyone (down to my mother) has been saying that I'm stupid for not wanting to date. Supposedly he's different. Supposedly not all guys are the same. At any cost, I'm not going to jump into a relationship. I haven't even given myself a year, and it's not Nate's fault. Nate's a great guy. He wants to take care of me and he wants to be a good guy but I just don't see myself dating. I have a career going, I'm getting my life back together and not to mention I'm the busiest person at the moment. I've got alot going right now and I don't need to be dating!

...

Right?

0 comments: