CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.31.2010

"Do not go gentle into that good night."

Photobucket


It's official. There are only two weeks until Valentine's Day. This means the conspiracy is fast approaching. Too late... it already has. Every year, right around this time, everyone likes to pour salt into an open wound and ask why you're single or mention that they have this great cousin/friend/co-worker that they could set you up with and what a great idea it would be to have us go on a date! Phooey. I am going to say this again. I am perfectly fine with being single this year. As a matter of fact, I'm looking foward to it. My cards have played out in my favor. The dreaded day is on a Sunday. My school isn't going to be accepting Valentine's Day deliveries because it's on a Sunday. I'll be busy that weekend. I refuse to celebrate a holiday that's full of false expectations, fake cheesy gifts and serves as the exploitation to all single people.
Even last year, the one time I celebrated Valentine's Day with someone, it was a bust. Alex promised me the world and a half last year. In the end of it all, I think I got him more than he got me. Not that the stuff matters because it shouldn't and doesn't matter to me but my biggest complaint was that I tried harder than he did. I managed to pull off Valentine's Day with a surprise morning serenade, a Build-A-Bear balloon bouquet with his favorite candies, a few school sponsored candy grams and a handmade scrapbook. He took me to dinner and the movies, mostly because one of my good guy friends suggested it the day before.
I guess I should have seen it coming by then but I didn't. Thankfully I'm spared the running up and down trying to figure out what to do this year. I can stay home in my pajamas and not have to wear makeup or go out and face the couples who are so full of it.
No offense to anyone who's dating or likes Valentine's Day. I've just always posessed a heavy vendetta against it. If it's not what happened last year, it's the standard average of three fake secret admirers I recieve or the lack of... romance on the day. One year I even sent myself flowers because I felt it was unfair that only girls with boyfriends get sent stuff on Valentine's Day. Everything else I get that day is tricksters trying to make me think that someone likes me. Thank goodness I won't have to deal with that this year.
It's almost like Carrie and Miranda would say.
Photobucket
Carrie- There's a whole lotta love in this place.
Miranda- Is it just me or is Valentine's Day this year on steroids?
Carrie- No, I think it was this bad this year. We were just playing on the other team.

Oh, what would Carrie Bradsaw say? Rather than humor myself and think about it, I'll just write, just like she would do in my situation. I've already started writing a little bit of my book. It's not all that great but the hardest part of writing anything is always the introduction.
I don't intend on letting anything stop me. I'm not going to go down without a fight, not with Valentine's Day or anything. Not now. My days of silent are over. Here's to writing that book!

Now...

When do I get to pop Valentine's Day Balloons? :D

0 comments: