CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.27.2010

News:

Photobucket



I've got a bit of news to share. Usually, when I say this it either involves my latest situation with Alex or some type of revelation that's usually a "Duh!" moment for everyone reading this. Well, this new tidbit is a bit different. Nonetheless, it's an important piece of news and it concerns this blog and my future.


I've been blogging for almost a year, and in two months, I will be marking the year since Alex and I split. In this time I've managed to nurse a broken heart, find a few losers along the way, realize my friends are some of the greatest people on earth, and all this without miraculously not losing my sanity in the task of documenting life after a breakup. I've inspired a few people, done some incredible (and incredibly stupid) things. And alas, I will continue to blog, mostly because I've gotten attached to writing again (and plus I feel that though it was a bad breakup, it won't be my last and I still have many more things that could happen.
Although I feel this, I have decided, while still blogging, I will tackle a new project. If you've been following me on Twitter, then you've heard the news but let me break it down.
Through much consideration and support from my circle of close friends (and some serious questioning of my sanity) I've decided to turn the Dumpee Diaries (its story, my entries, and my life surrounding this blog) into a book. I'm in the preliminary processes of drafting and writing, trying to figure out where to begin my story but it's a project that I think I can work with.
Believe me, I had to really think about this. Depending on how long I take to write this book, I'll be spending as little as a year or two reliving the details of my breakup and remembering my ex. Alex. I also had to be the decision (based on my seriousness on the project) to have to call Alex and ask him permission. As you know, Alex is just an alias I use since I change everyone's names except my own to avoid slander and libel. By now, I'm sure he's aware of this blog so he knew what was going on but what stunned me was not only was he okay with the book but he even game me express rights to using his actual name in the book! Andrew's going to be pissed, I know it...
In the end this is all certainly ironic. The biggest flop of my life so far has provided material for the book I've been longing to write all my life and if this works and I get it published, he will have defined my career. Alex: Don't take this arrogantly. I just mean that something negative turned into something positive. For me.
Now that you know, I hope that you can understand my situation. I'm not leaving my blog. I'm expanding it. Which brings me to something else. I've decided to purchase my domain name. Right now I'm just looking for a web designer to construct my page for me.
It's all for news beginnings but it all started here. I guess I got the better end of the deal after all.

0 comments: