CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.13.2010

Escape.


Photobucket
My ipod's on shuffle, my mind is running in four million different directions yet somehow I'm fully aware of it all, and I'm finding myself in a rare train of thought. Maybe because this harpie in fourth period is getting on my nerves and I'd reeally like to hear something else and kick her to Switzerland until graduation. Sorry. Usually I don't lose my patience this easily but mariachi is wearing me thin and plus, I've been running on exhaustion and stress. I'm basically running on vapors, even though I've only been back in school for two weeks. Once again, escape is on my mind.
Hah. Escape. That's one of my biggest themes and most overused ideas over the past year. All along, I've so desperate to find an escape. An escape from this town I live in, my personal issues, issues with Alex, my flaws, my deadlines, my duties, myself even..
I think that deep down we're all looking for options and somewhere to run. I know I have, even if it's just for a day. Even though I'll admit that I'm aware that the responsible thing to do is face your problems head-on, I'd love to just escape for a bit and not tell a soul where I'm going.
I'd go blonde, change my name to Agatha Markfeld, wear flip flops in the winter and live in a cabin in Chalktaw Peak, Montana. I'd drive a truck that smells like peppermint, old leather and tobacco and wear one of those puffer vests with a faux fur trim. I'd quote Motion City Soundtrack, wait tables at the only diner in town and dream of meeting Conan O'Brian. And just for the hell of it, I'd develop a southern accent. (just because I can!)
Photobucket
Of course, not gonna happen (mostly because I don't have a driver's license yet and because I'd make a horrible blonde) but it's nice to just let my imagination run wild. Still, it even feels relieving to not be myself for a moment. It would be nice to be so not have to be so responsible for once. I like my life and the responsibilities I've come to gather but 24/7 isn't something someone my age needs. I'm already begging for a midlife vacation at the age of 17. I'd just love to be unjaded by the Alexes of my life and the downright horribly stupid dating mistakes I've made.
I don't regret any of it. Not one bit. Still I'd like to get a break.
You never know. look out Chalktaw Peak, Montana (if you exist). I might be there soon enough. Haha.

0 comments: