CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8.16.2009

A New Beginning

Its seems like time has been passing pretty quickly.
A new day has made its own way slowly but surely and it's good that I'm getting to a healthy place. I was talking to my best friend today (you know, the one who's high school Alex attends?) and he mentioned to me (lightly and clearly afraid of an outburst or explosion) that he saw and talked to Alex and this year's annual band picnic and how he just so happened to see him and say hi and talk to him. [Apparently, I've been seriously mood-swingy and temperamental because he said this all kind of fast, a sign that he was terrified of my reaction.]
I guess I surprised him (not to mention myself) that I just kind of shrugged it off and let it go. st like that, I shrugged it off and just let it go. Wow. It's about time, I guess.
Then again, I blame my new summer adventure, and this one is actually a good thing.
I have yet another secret admirer. Except this one is different. This one isn't trying too hard to win me over or tripping over themselves in utter fakeness. The "admirers" I'm used to getting are cheesy, incredibly unreal and just downright ridiculous. This guy actually makes me think. This guy did something that I'm not used to: he caught my attention.

Two days ago, I was fixing the content on my iPod (for some reason my photos wouldn't upload into it) and I got a text message from a random, local number. I figured it was a friend or another section leader or something. What I got was a picture of feet. Guy's feet. Big Feet. Clearly, I wasn't expecting that so I texted back asking what any logical person would. "Umm... who is this and why did you send me a picture of feet?"
He then sent me 2 more random pictures. Now,not only was I clueless but confused. And so, I kept asking "who is this?" I got this as a reply: "I thought you'd appreciate the randomness of the pic seeing as how you're random yourself. Intelligent too. So are you single?"
-"Um. Yes?Why? Who is this && how do you have my number?"
"I've known you for a very long time. It's sort of an unrequited love. I already had your number.I just recently changed mine. I've always been by your side as your friend, though."
A such, my mind was wondering and finally my skeptic kicked in.

"Okay, if you're my friend, you must know that I don't buy secret admirers anymore. They all tend to be disasters. How serious is this?"
The responses after that were not only cute but funny.
"As serious as my penny collection."
This is the pic that accompanied the text.

Photobucket


Then, the next text I got was adorable. The subject was titled "The Night Shines With Pennies"
Photobucket


The text? "Just like You shine every day in Band."

Okay. This guy caught my attention, and he's got it. Casually though, I asked him what his old number used to be, since he said he had recently changed it. His response was "That would be a dead giveaway Jen. I'm not a moron. I actually have an average IQ unlike your exes."

Touche!
This guy is funny too!
Immediately I invited him to a game of Truth, except I bended the rules to where I couldn't ask him what his name was so he'd play. Since then, we've been talking for the past few days, and it's been great. He seems to just get me. He knows about my dog, my best friend, my hometown, even some random shenanigan I got into when Iwas in Vegas with the band.He's witty, sarcatic, pushes my buttons and isn't tryng incredibly hard for my attention. He'great! The catch? Wel, I can't think of what friend he might be! My bff tried to help me by saying "Well, what guys do you talk to the most?" Well, that would help narrow down except well... the vast majority of guys I talk to are gay or have girlfriends. I mean I love my gay best friends but it doesn't help when I'm trying to identify a dark blue piece of hay in a black haystack. So, hopefully I have a real admirer this time. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

[Oh, btw. If there are any typos in this blog where words are missing letters, blame my keyboard. It's skipping letters and spaces on me, resulting in me retyping everything twice, and getting me frustrated. Sorry!]

0 comments: