CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

6.06.2010

"When your hats are in the air, nobody's gonna care."

Photobucket

June 4th, 2010.
It seemed like the entire town was there but maybe it was just me. I put on a dress that drove me nuts because I couldn't breathe, with shoes that only further irritated my preliminary mosquito bites for the summer. I donned an icky burnt orange cap and gown that looked huge on me. But once I heard the band playing Pomp And Circumstance, just like I had done years before, it made things a bit clearer. The valedictorian and salutatorian speeches were nostalgic and cheeky, but entertaining nonetheless, and three hours passes by without a hitch. As I made my way to the stage and got my diploma, I saw people cheering for me. And I did it. Four years, two of them being the most influential thus far.
And so indeed I made it. I hugged so many people, said an awkward goodbye to my high school crush, and threw my hat in the air, (and actually caught it) But with so many people around me, don't think I didn't notice who was missing. Alex and his parents didn't go but it's okay. I suppose that's more fitting. I mean, what would closure be if the bane of my existence actually showed up to something amd was nice?
So it's over. I went home, ate with family then celebrated and my bestie's house by playing Rock Band for a while until I almost fell asleep on his couch around 3 AM. I couldn't have enjoyed this type of closure anymore.
And now a toast, to the summer and the rest of my life. And one final goodbye to this blog. I have no reasons to continue writing the Dumpee Diaries. After all, while I didn't find my happily ever after, I found closure. And I've got nothing but the unknown of the future to keep me going. Cheers and thanks everybody. It's been one hell of a ride. So signing off one last time, this is Jen. No more No less.

0 comments: